Friday, January 30, 2009

Final Port - Málaga, Spain


Málaga is actually the birthplace of Pablo Picasso. It was a cloudy, sort of chilly day, so going to the beach was out. I figured the only thing I would be interested in doing is visiting the relatively new Picasso museum. I was able to convince the others to come along.

It was a short walk from the ship docks to the museum. It displayed most of his later works, so there weren't any "super famous" paintings. There were maybe 1oo or so pieces of work. We all thought it to be interesting.

After our museum tour, we shopped a bit and sat down in a plaza for some Cokes, coffee con leche, anchoives and Spanish tortilla. The tortilla dish is a very typical Spanish dish of egg, potatoes and onions. Very tasty!

We stumbled on a main strip for shopping and discovered some fun and ornate street artists. The boys had a ball putting money in their cans and watching them come to life. They were kind of creepy to me.

Back to the ship for the trek back to Barcelona. I really do like Spain! It was tons of fun to speak the Spanish that I learned so many years ago.



No comments: