Sunday, January 18, 2009

More

So far I can't get the cruise ship's satellite to download photos. It's always too busy.

Here's a very brief summary of where we left off.

We left Paris on an overnight train to Barcelona. A very fun way to travel overnight, but unfortunately between the jet lag and the load tracks we were hardly able to sleep at all. We arrived in Barcelona very tired, but excited to see Britta, her boyfriend, Andrea and my parents. We had an exhausting day, but we were able to have a lovely lunch on the Mediterranean with Britt and Andrea. We hooked up with my parents later and then crashed for the night.

The next day was a fun filled day at the Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona, a very ugly and tacky, but famous Cathedral designed by Gaudi. Then the Ramblas, a main street filled with street artists, paintings, people and more. Very fun. We then headed to the top of the Christopher Columbus tower for a panoramic view of the city.

That afternoon we boarded the Norwegian Jade ship. It was an easy transition and so exciting. We have a lovely room and we a so enjoying relaxing and not having to pack up for the next journey. We went to Casablanca, Morroco today. It was kinda yucky, dirty, big city and intimidating. We're hoping for a better day in Agadir, Morroco tomorrow.

In the meantime, we have been eating well, resting and swimming lots in the pool, going down the waterslide and sitting in the hot tubs. What a rough life! We'll keep you posted. Hope to get photos loaded eventually.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Laura, I can not believe you called the Sagrada Familia ugly. I'm honestly aghast. I ADORE that building. I was there when they were beginning the death facade and have been in love with it ever since.

I hope the rest of the cities you visit will be full of adventure.

Krista said...

I think the pasion side of the Sagrada Familia is very cool. I like how stark the figures are, works well for a death scene.

Ryan said...

Krista, you are a woman of superlative taste. That's exactly why the passion side is so cool. It contrasts completely with the birth side.

Denis said...

Paris, Barcelona, Morocco, Cathedrals, Eiffel Tower, art, city views, hot tubs, waterslides, swimming pools, food and beverages, family and fun.. yup you have it pretty rough alright… I feel your pain…

Bob and Laura said...

Ok guys, that was Bob that said it was ugly . . . . .